Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY: Wall Art (Dance Your Heart Out)


     Has anyone else noticed all of the cute wall art in stores and on Pinterest lately?  My favorites are the ones with cute sayings (particularly having to do with coffee), inspiring quotes, and/or abstract art.  Since I like to paint (my medium is acrylic paints, and my style is simple!), I figured I would try to create my own wall art, this time as a gift.  This is just one example of a simple way to create your own wall art.


What you will need:
  • A blank canvas board (similar)
  • Paint brushes (exact)
  • Acrylic paints (exact)
  • An rough idea of what you would like to paint (I got mine from Pinterest, of course)
(Optional)
  • Newspaper (because paint is messy)
  • Coffee (Who says that's optional?)


                            

 1. Paint the background.
     For this particular design, I wanted a plain background, so I choose a simple grey.  If you choose to paint something more abstract, there's a great tutorial for abstract wall art on Cuckoo for Design .

 \

2. Paint a second coat.


3. Design the lyrics/quote.


4. Embellish. 
     For this step, I incorporated some color and glitter.


To make your own glitter glue, mix watered-down glue with plenty of glitter and paint on the surface.


Ta-da!  It's really that simple to design your own wall art.  Now go try it out for yourself! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment